We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so, and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your information for as long as we are, either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
You can visit the Site and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to the Site you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the Site and log on with your user name and password.
1. Data we collect
- We may collect various information if you seek to place an order for a product to us on the Site.
- We collect, process your data for processing your purchase on the Site and any possible later claims, and to provide you with our services. We may collect your title, name, gender, email address, postal address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, mobile number ,payment details.
- We will use the information you provide to enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through our website and which you request. Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from our website; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customize them for users; identify visitors on our website; carry out research on our users’ demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes. Subject to obtaining your consent we may contact you by email with details of other products and services. If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier).
- Your phone number may be used for notifications regarding order status and announcements of latest deals and campaigns.
- Payments that you make through the Site will be processed by our agent. You must only submit to us or our Agent or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
- Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Site. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those, which are open, and those, which are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
Credit Check and Fraud Prevention
- We may use fraud prevention (FPA) agencies to help us make decisions as to whether to accept an order for products on the Site. A condensed guide as to how we, FPAs will use your information is detailed below.
- If you would like to see more information about this, or the agencies we use, please contact us. We will use your data in the following ways:
- We will search at FPAs for information on those placing orders for products on the Site.
- We will use the information provided to us by FPAs to help make decisions about all those placing order for products on the Site.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, details may be passed to FPAs.
Other uses of your personal information
- We may use your personal information for opinion and market research. Your details are anonymous and will only be used for statistical. You can choose to opt out of this at any time. Any answers to surveys or opinion polls Arabian Oud may ask you to complete will not be forwarded on to third parties. Disclosing your email address is only necessary if you would like to take part in competitions. We save the answers to our surveys separately from your email address.
- We may also send you other information about us, the Site, our other websites, our products, sales promotions, our newsletters, anything relating to other companies in our group or our business partners. If you would prefer not to receive any of this additional information as detailed in this paragraph (or any part of it) please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email that we send to you. Within 7 working days (days which are neither (i) a Friday or Saturday, nor (ii) a public holiday anywhere in Saudi Arabia) of receipt of your instruction, we will cease to send you information as requested. If your instruction is unclear, we will contact you for clarification.
- We may further anonymize data about users of the Site generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Site or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supplying that anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymized data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
- For any competition we use the data to notify winners and advertise our offers. You can find more details where applicable in our participation terms for the respective competition.
- It is not necessary to accept cookies to visit our website. However, if you would like to place an order or add an item to your shopping basket, you will need to set your browser to accept cookies so you can use the shopping basket and checkout functions.
3. Log Information
- Every time you visit Arabian Oud, information is sent from your browser to our server log files, where it will be saved. The information transferred includes: time and date or visit to our site, which pages were viewed, IP address, URL of site that referred you to Arabian Oud, how much information has been stored and which browser you have been using.
- Once we have all this information, all IP addresses are deleted or anonymized. Anonymization means that your IP address is changed in such a way that they either cannot be linked with the original user or can only be linked through extensive research.
- The anonymous information stored in this log file is then used to improve the shopping experience on the Arabian Oud website by making our navigation more user-friendly, finding errors quickly and directing our server’s capacity to where it is needed most. For example, this information allows us to work out our busiest times and plan enough server power for those times to keep our site running as quickly as possible.
5. Your Rights
- If you are concerned about your data you have the right to request access to the personal data, which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.